Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Big 30!

So Cory (sister obviously) and I are the big 30! I wondered how I would feel turning 30 and to my surprise I am happy to embrace this turning point in my life. Is it a turning point? I don't really feel any different but my 20s are over. Wow my 20s are over! I had a good life in my 20s. I lived life the way I would have wanted to. I was happy, I did the things I wanted to do, I married my soul mate, I gave birth to my son, I was surrounded by people who love me, I got my degree as a registered nurse and worked in a challenging hospital for over a year. My 20s were full of fun and laughter. Oh don't get me wrong they had there trying times also but all in all I feel good about my past and am looking forward to what the next 10 will bring. Today was a good day with a little roller coaster of emotions to go with it.

We started off our day at 5:30am when my mom came over to watch the kiddos so that we could go vote. We wanted to start early so we wouldn't be standing in line all day. We ended up standing in line for a little over an hour, grabbed some Mcdonalds breakfast and made it home by 7:30. Whew now we can spend the day the way we want to!
We then opened the moon roof, turned up the music, and let the wind blow in our hair as we were off to get an hour and a half message! (Our treat to ourselves and a little help from others:))
Our heaven for the next hour and a half!!! We then had lunch together at PF Changs. We enjoyed some lettuce wraps and some honey chicken. It was delicious!!!
On our way back home to be greeted by our wonderful kiddos and loving mom!

We then took our little chillies to the park to feed the ducks and enjoy the cool weather
We couldn't resist bringing a yummy treat!!!!
We then got some absolutely wonderful exciting news from our sister and we celebrated all over again! :)
It was a wonderful day!
Thank you for all your phone calls, emails, text messages and phone messages!
Happy Birthday my dear sweet sister! I am so blessed have you to spend this special day with! I love you!
To another happy 30 years!!!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday for you two! So glad you got to spend it together doing such amazing things. Love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

cassie said...

it looks like so much fun...even though i didn't actually get to talk to you. boo hoo. Happy 30!!! Thenight before I turned 30, i had this big revelation that i wouldn't be in my 20's anymore. so, i pulled out my journal and wrote down all of the things that i had accomplished in my 20's. i am glad that you spent a moment to be reflective on all of the life that you have lived so far. i love you sweet sister o' mine!

Mandy said...

What a FUN day!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET DEAR FRIEND. I wish you much happiness. Love you TONS
HUGS, mandy

Mandy said...

OH yes, And fantastic job getting out soo early and voting!!

Jamie said...

Happy Happy 30th to my two sweet sisters!! :) I love you both sooooo much and am so appreciative of the place you have in my life and in my heart. I'm glad you treated yourselves to some goodnes and let your hair fly in the wind! :)Can't wait to go out and celebrate with you!!! PARTY!!!

Vonda said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun filled day!! And congratulations to both of you in all your 30 year accomplishments!

kimberly said...

happy happy day you two....love the pics you shared of your special day.....and so happy that it was a good one!!!! what a wonderful journey it has been since that day 30 years ago....where has the time gone? :)
love love love you!
xoxoxo
mom