Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!!!

In trying to make our family live a little greener when possible, I ran across this website and thought I would share. Yellowpagesgoesgreen.org I don't know if you all continue to use the yellow and white pages that are delivered to your door each year but know I haven't opened one in quiet some time. If you go to this website you can cancel your yearly delivery and in doing so save many resources in return. This website explains that over 500 million directories are being printed and delivered each year and in doing so:
  • 19 million trees need to be harvested
  • 1.6 billion pounds of paper are wasted
  • 7.2 million barrels of oil are misspent in their processing (not including the wasted gas used for their delivery to your doorstep)
  • 268,000 cubic yards of landfill are taken up
Just thought I would share an easy and free way to help out our beautiful mother earth today. Happy Earth Day!!!!

3 comments:

cassie said...

it is all of those "normal everyday things" that don't get used that i just don't think about. i will cancel mine! thanks for the link!

kimberly said...

your dad and i just had this conversation the other day, when ONCE AGAIN we received another set of directories.....i was saying what a waste this is!!!!! so thanks bee.....i will be cancelling mine right away!!!!!

Janell said...

Okay, just yesterday I pulled out our phone book and seriously, there was a layer of dust on the top. We obviously don't use it much. I just always think to look online first! Thanks for the link!