Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting ready for this little bundle!



The wall between the babies room and Wyatt's room has finally been put up! I have been waiting and waiting for this time. With a vision of the babies room in my head, picture on paper, and paint color picked out, my mom and dad started the day ready to make this vision come alive!


Mom painted two walls a mustard yellow color in no time flat! I must tell you she has been painting walls in my house since I have moved in!

My dad, being the artist that he is, drew a huge tree by hand and then started the careful and time consuming painting process. I think he left with a stiff neck! Oh but what a wonderful job he did!!!

adding a double coat!

We then cut leaves out of cute paper and stuck them on the wall. This is the finished tree! Yeehaww! I am so excited. I really didn't think this all would get done before the baby came!
Curtains were hung, kids were playing, things were being put into place, all we need is this little baby!!!Wyatt's crib that papa made for him was brought out and put together by papa himself. Oh what a beauty! This crib was the final touch in making this babies room exactly what I had wanted it to be! Thank you so much mom and dad for all your time and hard work! This room was definitely made with love!


On the other side of the wall was a different story!

Cory let the boys be his little helpers and paint Wyatt's side of the wall. He is much braver than I am but that makes him the special daddy and uncle that he is. Needless to say they were covered in paint, had had a bath, and were running around naked when I got back from the store. I think it made their day!
So I guess I am just waiting for a contraction to kick in and let me know it is time to go!!!!!

6 comments:

Vonda said...

Isn't it nice to have the help of such talented people?? What a lucky little baby to be!! And the two little jay birds got to express themselves too! How smart to have stain-free nakey uniforms for painting!

kimberly said...

awwwww.....love it bee....such a special place for a special little soul!.....and i agree....cory is much braver than i was, but that IS what makes him so special! they had a blast and felt important to "help" with the whole process! :-)....little wyatt even played artist in little baby rauch's room!
anytime now :-)
xoxoxoxo

Mandy said...

WOW~ The room looks amazing!! Great job guys. Everyone in your family is so dang talented.

Angie said...

Looks AWESOME! You can definitely see a lot of love was put into it! What a wonderful family your little one is coming into:-)

Debbie said...

The room looks so awesome! I love that you had such a creative idea for the room and had such loving people help....it makes it so much more special. Hopefully this makes it easier to enjoy the last bits of the pregnancy! Love you girlie

Jamie said...

i love this room so much! i just have a thing about trees...and birdies. :) love it!!!! great job mom and dad!!!! :)

love the little nakey boys too ~ what a fun project for them to help with! :)