Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nighty Night

For a long while we have been a co-sleeping family :) Something I never thought would happen when Wyatt was born. He started out in his own bassinet but then as he grew older he got sick and slept in our bed and it continued on. So, now that he is becoming such a big boy :) he is transitioning into his own bed and going to bed on his own! Of course there are a few songs sung by mommy and a few super hero stories told by daddy but he then goes off to sleep by himself (well, with few super heroes to keep him safe.) I am so proud of him! I was dreading this transition because I knew my little boy would cry out for his mommy from his bedroom and knew it would break my heart! Only a few nights of that and he did just fine! It has been so nice to have some quiet time with just Cory and I at night!
We must not forget the super heroes!!!
Wait mommy, the super heroes need a blankie on too!
He is such a little sweetie! He has the same order of songs that he wants to sing. First ABC's then Old Mcdonald, then Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He has so many little treasures that he loves! We have this little box that all his little treasures go into and he calls it the magic box. :) I will tell him goodnight and tell him that he has the glowing stars on the ceiling and the night light in his room and that mommy and daddy are right out in the living room if he needs anything. He then tells me he needs something! Of course it is something in the magic box that needs to go to bed with him!

5 comments:

kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberly said...

oh i love this. i love that he has his little ritual, favorite songs, super heros and a magic box! what a lucky little boy.....he is beautiful in that photo, bee.....
xo

Jamie said...

awwww,soooo sweet....little wy bear. ;) he is such a little cutie pie. :) i love it and him! :)

Grandma Rauch said...

Dearest Brittni -

Grandpa and I love this blog so very much - it makes us smile every time we read it (except for the booboo pictures)! Thank you for taking the time to share some of the special moments in their lives, as it is a precious gift for all of us!

Brittni said...

Thanks Grandma :)