Sunday, October 7, 2007

You are Special!







Growing up in my family as little kids there was a red plate that read "You are special" on it. Any time one of us had a birthday we got to eat off of the special plate and oh did we feel special! Although I think Cory and I got cheated because we had to split the special plate and eat off one side of it! I do remember that we still felt special! A few years ago one Christmas I received a present from Jamie and as I opened the box, there lay a beautiful "You are special" plate. So here I am caring on the tradition in my family.
So today Kathy got to eat off of the special plate as we celebrated her birthday with a beautiful breakfast. Alyson cooked up an amazing and delicious breakfast with a Germain chocolate cake to finish it off! Happy Birthday Kathy we love you and hope you had a wonderful day!

6 comments:

kimberly said...

We still have that special red plate! Sweet tradition to carry on. Glad you had such a nice day....Happy Birthday Kathy!

Debbie said...

That is such a sweet tradition. It is great that you are carrying it on in your family. Hope you enjoyed your day! :)

Janell said...

We also had a "special" plate we got to use on our "special" days. But I've never thought to carry on the tradition. I think I want to start now!

Anonymous said...

Hope your day was beautiful just like you are Kathy. You look like you are really enjoying your new grandson. May you both have many days enjoying each other. GG

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Kathy!! Looks like a fun day. :)
I need to make myself one of those plates! :)

Grandma Rauch said...

To all - I am just now learning how to visit the blog!!! I KNOW that is really BAD!!!! However, thank you all for your very kind wishes as they were so appreciated! Hugs to all!