I have been thinking a lot about a new years resolution. Cory usually asks me what my resolution is at the beginning of the year and the last two years I have said " I don't know I will have to think about it." I then think about what I want to change in my life and decide something with good intention of keeping it. A resolution spills out of my mouth and then is forgotten about after the first week of not doing it. So this year there has been several things weighing on my mind and I feel that they are important to do.
Of course there is the idea that I will work out and put my new running shoes and workout clothes I got for Christmas to good use! Although this is my resolution most new years I have other things on my mind this year. I have been thinking a lot about knowledge and how important it is to me. Having a new son that is going to grow up and ask questions scares me and makes me worried that I won't have the answers to his many questions. I know, I know, people tell me that no one has all the answers but I mean worldly questions or questions about the religion that he is being brought up in, questions that I should have some answers to! So this year my plan is to learn a little more about what is going on in the world around me and when I hear about something going on somewhere in the world that I am not familiar with to look it up and become familiar with it. My plan is to learn more about the history and rituals of my religion and the bible in general so that I may have an answer or two not only for my son but also for me. So there it is, I am writing it down, saying it out loud, and making myself responsible for these resolutions. Wish me luck!
8 comments:
good luck with your quest...i know you can do it! where is that statue???? she is beautiful!
those are very worthwhile things, bee. i have been trying to familiarize myself more with the Bible also, and there is soooo much to learn about daily with life! so....i wish you luck also!
B, I think this is a wonderful resolution. You will never know everything...but it's nice to know some things. :) I promise to help you in any way I can.
I love the statue too. I don't know who she is...but I'm really drawn to her. I think I need a picture of her too.
She is beautiful isn't she! She is from the desert botanical garden near papago park. I saw her and I loved her too!
Good luck with your new focus for the new year. I have been wanting to do similar things for a long time. I have a husband and now two kids who want to know about our religion, and I don't have the answers as much as I would like. Maybe we can venture down the road a little bit together! Love the pictures too!
Sounds good Deb! I need all the help I can get! :)
Britt, I feel the same way sometimes. Not only about the bible or religion but about many things. Like when they come home with history homework...I'd like to be able to help, rather than saying, "maybe your dad can help you" :) I really think that is a wonderful resolution!
Brit, I am really excited about your resolution. I think you have become such a wonderful mother. I felt that way too at one point. So, over the last 10 years or so, I have piles of books about our church and would love to share them. I have also written many articles myself. I FOR SURE don't know everything, but have researched many aspects. I would love to sit and chat and we can share what we have learned! I am also in a Bible study at St Tims, if you are interested!
Post a Comment